Chemical peels increase the skin’s cell turnover rate, bringing new skin cells to the surface, reducing signs of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots and clearing breakouts.
PCA Peel w Hydroquinone & Resorcinol
The most potent of PCAs enhanced Jessner’s formulas, this peel will help improve the appearance of skin tone and provide exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types.
- Lactic Acid – is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) naturally found in milk and sugars. It is part of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF) and moisturizes the skin.
- Salicylic Acid – is a calming lipophilic beta hydroxy acid that helps promote a clear complexion.
- Citric Acid – is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) naturally found in citrus fruits.
- Kojic Acid – helps promote and even skin tone.
- Hydroquinone – helps to promote an even skin tone.
- Resorcinol – is a flaking agent.
PCA Sensi Peel
Chemical peel option for all patients, including those with sensitive skin. This universal 6% TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping promote an even skin tone. This multi-faceted and skin-brightening treatment is an excellent option for sensitive skin and higher Fitzpatrick skin types.
- Lactic Acid (12%) – an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that breaks down the bonds between cells (desmosomes) to allow for easier exfoliation of dead surface cells. It also hydrates the skin and inhibits melanogenesis by suppressing the formation of tyrosinase.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (6%) – a superficial and medium-depth peeling agent that helps minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (Thioctic Acid) – a natural compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that interferes with the internal pathways of hyperpigmentation.
- Emblica – a botanical also known as Indian gooseberry or the Malacca tree. It contains a high concentration of tannins, which have been shown to reduce discoloration and the visible signs of aging.